Saturday, October 2, 2010

12 Month Check Up

Rylan weighed in at 23.8 lbs and 29.75" at his 12 month wellness check. That's 70% in weight and 50% in height. I was caught by surprise when the pediatrician announced these statistics. Rylan is a bit of a chunky monkey so the weight was to be expected, but only 50th percentile in height? He went from 70th to 50th percentile within a matter of three months so I'm not sure I even believe it. I'm not dissapointed, just a bit surprised. Rylan has plenty of time to catch up and if he doesn't it doesn't really matter anyways. He's a cutie either way!

A few other recent developments:
  • Rylan's top 2 front teeth have poked through and they seem to be pretty painful. Poor kid! I'm sure glad I don't remember when my teeth started coming in because I'd probably be a little grumpy too.
  • Rylan is no longer eating formula. He eats big people food and milk all the time now.
  • Rylan took 4 steps on his own! He'll be walking before we know it.

1 comment: