Monday, June 27, 2011

Show me the Water!

What's the best way to cool off from the extreme summer heat? Water! I am such a baby when it comes to Texas summers and the only way I can bear the heat is by spending my time in an air conditioned building or by the water. If there is water nearby then I want to be wading, floating, swimming, or sunbathing in it. Now that I am a stay at home mom we are really taking advantage of all the water activities that Texas has the offer. And it's a good thing Rylan is a water baby. I don't know what I'd do with myself if he didn't like the water. So far we have been floating down the Comal River, boating at our friend's lake house, gone to the Sea World water park, and spent nearly half of our days at either the gym or neighborhood pool. We also had our first Schlitterbaun Water Park experience a couple weeks ago. I don't know how Matt and I have gone 5 years without spending a day at the #1 ranked world's best water park, but the time was now. Going to water parks was one of my all time favorite activities when I was younger. We left the kiddo at home and felt like kids again! Matt likes to say, are you ready to "Schlit it up!" That always brings a good laugh. We are hoping to get to one of the nearby beaches this summer too. I guess it's just hard to find motivation to drive between 2.5 and 5 hours to get to a beach when they were so accessible, only 15 minutes to the nearest, from my childhood home. I never knew how much I loved the beach until I didn't have it nearby anymore. Nonetheless, we are still having a great time with or without the beach. Here are a few pics from our summer's water adventures.






1 comment: