Sunday, February 3, 2013

Surprise!

Matt and I got an unexpected surprise this past January...We're pregnant!? "What?! Really?!" I was in shock when I saw the positive pregnancy test.  Should I cry or start freaking out with excitement?  When Matt got home from work, I told him the news with little to no expression on my face, still not sure how to feel about it all.  He was equally shocked and then immediately smiled and said that this was great news.  I was so relieved that he felt excited and confident about it.  At that moment I could feel the same. Allow me to briefly explain the reason for my initial feelings.  Just a few months prior Matt and I made the firm decision to wait another year before trying to have another baby.  We immediately started planning out a year of fun family and "adult only" vacations.  It was going to be a great year of relaxation and enjoying our two little boys.  Well apparently our plan was not God's plan for us.  I definitely have my doubts about what I am capable of handling, but God must know that I am capable and that's what brings me peace about having 3 little ones at home for two full years before Rylan goes off to school.  This may be the toughest couple years of my life, but I know that I'll look back someday and truly cherish those moments when my kids were little. It's going to be an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment