Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's Official

I am officially a full time stay at home. I've spent the majority of the last four years, roughly 8,000 hours, sitting in my little grey cube at Labatt Food Service. Actually I spent quite a bit of time outside the office so it was probably more like 7,000 hours, but either way you get the point. Labatt helped me get my feet on the ground here in San Antonio. I became well oriented with the city, made many great friends, learned a ton, and have experienced some things that I never could have experienced anywhere else. I'm grateful for this job that I truly enjoyed. Now it's time for me to dedicate my time and focus towards the family. Quitting was a HUGE decision for me. In fact it was quite possibly the hardest decision I have ever had to make. And I don't really like to consider it quitting because I'm simply choosing the best alternative (staying at home) over the better (working). So with that said, I'm not giving up on Labatt. I'm just directly my focus on something that will be far more rewarding. I know that being at home is absolutely the best choice and I'm thrilled to get that chance. I'm thankful for a husband who works hard and wants me to be home as much as I do.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Dana! I'm so happy for you that you get to spend more time with your handsome little guy <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. HIP-HIP- HOORAY!! I have to say that I am so happy for you, what a tough decision to make, but one I am sure (and I know) you are going to enjoy. Little ones grow up TOO FAST!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Have fun with that cute little boy, and yes they really do grow up so fast so enjoy! Especially those PJ mornings that roll into PJ afternoons!

    ReplyDelete