Friday, December 17, 2010

Dreams Coming True


Matt's childhood dream was to have a movie room in his house someday. Well he's worked really hard and has finally earned his movie room. When we saw our house for the first time, the layout was exactly what we were looking for. Everything was all on one floor with the exception of a large open space upstairs. We both envisioned this to be the perfect space for a movie room. We love the transformation from boring and blah to cozy and chic. There were a couple roadblocks that slowed us down on this project, but nothing we couldn't handle. Like when our non-returnable couch didn't fit through the doorway and Matt had to cut a hole in the wall and when I spent an hour trying to disassemble the non-returnable table so I could get it to fit in my car. We did learn our lesson to measure before we purchase next time. My dad was here the week that we put this room together and he was a huge help. He practically painted the entire room and built me some really nice shelves. We love this space and can't wait to share it with friends and family. I think we will be spending lots of time up here!

Before


After
The hole that Matt cut so we could fit the couch through the doorway



The shelves my dad made

2 comments:

  1. I Love it! I wish you could design my house! I laughed pretty hard at that hole in the wall! That's a pretty big chunk. Good thing Matt can fix anything! Robb would have just sold the couch on Craig's list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I love the grey walls! The hole in the wall cracks me up- but hey, you own it so it's no big deal to hack into things, right?

    ReplyDelete