Sunday, December 12, 2010

In the Swing of Things

I had my concerns about being a stay at home mother and getting bored, missing my job, losing all contact with adults, not feeling like I can spend money since I don't make any of it myself, etc. To my greatest relief none of those concerns are really concerns any more. Work hasn't even crossed my mind (although I do miss my friends from work, I don't miss the work itself one tiny bit!). In fact, there are so many things that I can actually enjoy now that I'm not working that I've made a list of some stay at home mommy perks:

  • Unlimited amounts of time with Rylan and seeing him reach new milestones before someone else sees it first (specifically day care workers).
  • Not waking up to the sound of an annoying alarm clock.
  • Sleeping in. I still get up around 7:30am, but that's sleeping in as far as I'm concerned.
  • Working out at my leisure.
  • Having friends and family visit on a weekday without worrying about whether I have the vacation time to use.
  • Hanging out with friends during the day.
  • Actually getting to see and be in the sun and get some much needed Vitamin D
  • Taking naps
  • No more Mondays!
  • I can finally do all the home projects that I didn't have time for before
  • There's time to study and prepare my church lessons during the week (I still left this week's lesson to the last minute though).
  • Chores can be completed during the day so I can enjoy the evenings and weekends with Matt and Rylan
  • Cooking is fun again. We eat a hot homemade dinner together most nights of the week. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. I dig your list! especially the last one-- we all know the yummy treats you make. Speaking of, I don't know how we are going to make it this year without your delish sugar cookies. Do you think they would ship across the ocean in one piece? Ha ha ha :-)
    HEY...send me a quick email with your new house address benbeckyplatt@yahoo.com
    xmas cards will be on their way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fabulous! I'm glad you're loving it!

    ReplyDelete