Sunday, May 5, 2013

A Perfect Spring

We could not have asked for better Spring weather.  Scattered thunderstorms and consistently record low temperatures pushed back our Stage 3 drought restrictions another month.  Texas has been in drought for several years in a row, making summer a long, brutally hot season that lasts about 5 months. So for now I'm just soaking up all this cool Cali-like (as in California) weather.  Let's just hope that this mild Spring is the indication of a mild Summer.

This mild Spring weather is great for many reasons, but my top favorite are 1) that I get to be outside more and enjoy the beauty of nature in a mild climate and 2) everything is green.  It makes me happy to look out my windows and see lush green and colorful plants.  I've never seen my plants look so good.  My dad came to visit a few weeks ago and was nice enough to build us a trellis fence that runs along our rock retaining wall.  I've been wanting to do it for at least a year but was intimidated by the project.  So when I mentioned these plans to my dad, he was out in the yard with a can of spray paint and a shovel digging post holes in no time.  I can't wait to see it when the vines fill it in.


Rylan and Taylor enjoying the first sprinkler time of the season



1 comment:

  1. Your yard looks AMAZING! I can't wait until we get to ours. Where do you find your inspiration?

    ReplyDelete