I'm a bit of a perfectionist. Order and cleanliness makes me feel that I'm in control. Ever since we've moved into our new house 4 months ago, I haven't had the time to put it together like I want to. Things vaguely have a place and it's usually amongst a pile or stack of others like it. My last house was so nicely organized. I knew where everything was, things were stored in places that were obvious and convenient, and I even had labeled baskets for everything. Now my guests have to search every closet and drawer in our house because things just don't feel right where they are. So needless to say there's a lot I'd like to accomplish now that I have more time on my hands and my hope is that I'll assume responsibility and actually complete these tasks that so badly need to get done. I love our new house and I'm excited to get it just the way I want it! I will take before and pictures to document my progress:
1. Organize Closet- I don't wear half of my clothes simply because I haven't taken the time to iron them. We even have bags and suitcases full of clothes that we never unpacked after the move. I can hardly walk around our closet. It's a total war zone!
2. Paint- closet, baseboards, and touch up around the house
3. Organize Office- We've had beautiful, brand new office cabinetry for about 3 months now and have yet to actually put a single piece of paper in our filing cabinets. Everything is still in cardboard filing boxes.
4. Front and Backyard Facelift- We've gotten a few notices from the HOA about our yard. I will say that I'm a bit embarrassed by it. There is a good amount of trimming and cleaning up that can be done. We need to do just enough to get us by until Spring and then we will do some major yard overhauling. For now I'll just spruce it up a bit by trimming and pressure washing the stone walls.
5. Organize Garage- We don't have a ton of stuff, but we've somehow managed to stagger it all throughout the garage in a single layer. This provides a bit of an obstacle course when trying to walk from the house and through the garage (because we can't actually park in the garage) to get to the car.
I have a list at least that long of projects needing to get done. Hopefully the motivation your blog post has given me will last long enough to accomplish some of my "to do's"
ReplyDeleteYou are such a go getter! I need to get my butt in gear and work on my list too (mine also includes painting baseboards). Good luck with all of that. Congrats on the big step into the stay at home role! Sure miss you guys and wish we were there!
ReplyDelete